The Department of Community Resources oversees the delivery of direct services to citizens for the following divisions:
and serves, on a county-wide scale, as the government’s liaison for local human services agencies, including:
- Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse
- Calvert County Department of Social Services
- Calvert County Family Network
- Calvert County Health Department
- Calvert Library
- Housing Authority of Calvert County
- Maryland Extension Service
The department also administers programs to reduce the cost of living for local residents, such as the House Keys 4 Employees Program (PDF), NACo Pharmacy Discount Card Program, and the NACo Dental Discount Card Program (PDF).
- Serves as a clearinghouse for citizen issues relating to the provision of human services, responding to inquiries from citizens and professionals seeking information and referral.
- Provides Calvert County citizens with a link to human services (PDF) including housing, food (PDF), shelter, and veterans resources (PDF).
- Monitors and serves as the point of contact for federal and state grants awarded to local agencies in the areas of homelessness prevention, and emergency food and shelter or other identified human service needs.
- Serves as the central point of information and assistance to all other Calvert County Government offices and citizens with regard to compliance with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for county services. Click here for the county government’s ADA Grievance Procedure.
- Coordinates with the Interagency Council for Children & Families and CAASA to promote the use of new web-based human services resource directories:
Calvert County’s ADA Coordinator is:
Community Resources Specialist / ADA Coordinator
Calvert County Government
Department of Community Resources
P. O. Box 90
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
410-535-1600, Ext. 8802 (voice)
The mission of the Department of Community Resources is to foster a coordinated and collaborative delivery of human services with compassion and respect to the citizens of Calvert County.