The Department of Community Resources oversees the delivery of direct services to citizens for the following divisions:
and serves, on a county-wide scale, as the government’s liaison for local human services agencies, including:
- Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse
- Calvert County Department of Social Services
- Calvert County Family Network
- Calvert County Health Department
- Calvert Library
- Housing Authority of Calvert County
- Maryland Extension Service
The department also administers programs to reduce the cost of living for local residents, such as the House Keys 4 Employees Program (PDF), NACo Pharmacy Discount Card Program, and the NACo Dental Discount Card Program (PDF).
- Serves as a clearinghouse for citizen issues relating to the provision of human services, responding to inquiries from citizens and professionals seeking information and referral.
- Provides Calvert County citizens with a link to human services (PDF) including housing, food (PDF), shelter, and veterans resources (PDF).
- Monitors and serves as the point of contact for federal and state grants awarded to local agencies in the areas of homelessness prevention, and emergency food and shelter, or other identified human service needs.
- Serves as the central point of information and assistance to all other Calvert County Government offices and citizens with regard to compliance with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for county services. Click here for the county government’s ADA Grievance Procedure.
- Coordinates with CAASA to promote the use of new web-based human services resource directory:
- Serves as the Administrative Home for the Calvert County Interagency Council (IAC). The IAC’s mission is to assemble local agencies, non-profits, and businesses to collaborate, network, and share information to empower Calvert County children, youth and families. Formed in the early 1990's, the Council is comprised of representatives from over 50 local child and family serving agencies or providers. The IAC meets virtually on the first Monday of each month at 9:30am.
If you, or your family, need help managing your finances during COVID-19, please view our new resource page that provides information about programs available to help you adjust and respond to COVID-19 in your household. Resources include: emergency rent/mortgage payments, utility assistance, educational tools, employment resources, information for families with young children, and more.
Calvert County’s ADA Coordinator is:
Community Resources Specialist / ADA Coordinator
Calvert County Government
Department of Community Resources
P. O. Box 90
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
410-535-1600, Ext. 8802 (voice)
The mission of the Department of Community Resources is to foster a coordinated and collaborative delivery of human services with compassion and respect to the citizens of Calvert County.