Neighborhood Crime Watch Program
Calvert County Neighborhood Watch Program
The Calvert County Neighborhood Watch Program is sponsored by the Calvert Alliance Against Substance Abuse, Inc. (CAASA), Calvert County Sheriff’s Office and Maryland State Police, Barrack "U". Meetings are led by Detective Greg Cameron (CCSO) and D/Sgt. Kemery Hunt, MSP, Barrack "U".
Meetings are the second Monday of each month, except August, at 6:30 p.m. As of April 2021, meetings will be held at the Harriet E. Brown Community Center, 901 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, MD.
Meeting dates for 2021 are:
April 12, 2021
May 10, 2021
June 14. 2021
July 12, 2021
AUGUST - NO MEETING
September 13, 2021 - Presentation from Calvert Center for Change (formerly Crisis Intervention)
October 11, 2021 - Presentation from Calvert Crisis Response/Mobile Crisis Team
The group meets to:
- share information and concern relating to the safety of their community with other communities and law enforcement personnel
- seek guidance on how to handle specific problems and situations within their community, and
- stay up to date on recent trends in criminal activity.
In an effort to keep our community members informed, current crime trends will be outlined below after each meeting. In addition, the Calvert County Neighborhood Watch Program has a Facebook page.
Current Crime Trends
- ONGOING - Thefts from vehicles, sheds and barns continue to be a problem in the county. Keep your vehicles, out buildings and homes locked at all times.
- July 2021 - Maryland State Police, Barrack "U" shared that residents are coming into the Barrack to report their checks being duplicated and cashed. They are not certain if mail is being stolen allowing access to bank account numbers or if the suspects are getting the information a different way, possibly an inside job. Investigation continues.
- June 2021 - Law enforcement reported an increase in thefts of catalytic converters.
REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Neighborhood Watch Meeting handouts
- Calvert Mediation Center (PDF)
- State Fire Marshal’s Fireworks Guidelines (PDF)
- DNR - Open Air Burning Brochure (PDF)
- Calvert County Animal Control (PDF)
Nothing at this time
Neighborhood Watch Forms