Office on Aging
The mission of the Calvert County Office on Aging is to enable senior citizens to avail themselves of a full range of services and programs in order to maintain the best possible quality of life. The Office on Aging endeavors to provide a full range of opportunities and assistance to help perpetuate the seniors’ dignity as human beings and enhance feelings of well-being.
- Calvert County services are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- Programs and activities are open to all people regardless of race, color, national origin or economic status.
- Some programs are federally funded under Title III of the Older Americans Act. The Office on Aging serves as the Area Agency on Aging.
- Nutrition: An Eating Together Program for seniors aged 60-plus is offered at all of the sites. View more nutrition information and the monthly menu (PDF).
- Senior Program Participants Form (PDF)
- Assistance for the frail elderly
- Assistance in securing benefits and services such as energy assistance, pharmacy assistance, farmer’s market coupons and Medicare Savings Programs.
- Caregiver Newsletter
- CREATE! for Seniors (PDF) - a program for seniors with developmental disabilities
- Information and assistance on services, resources and benefits to seniors
- List of Services
- Calvert County Resource Directory of Aging and Disability Services
- Caregiver Services Corps. Program
- SENIOR RIDES PROGRAM - TRANSPORTATION SURVEY and FLYER
Recreation / Education
- Cards, games, ceramics, computer labs, crafts, educational classes, fine arts, game rooms, intergenerational activities, physical fitness, billiard tournaments, special event celebrations / activities, trips, cultural events and more
- Before beginning a physical fitness class participants must fill out a Office on Aging Fitness Waiver and Release (PDF).
- Trips - One-day trips are hosted through your local Office on Aging for persons aged 50-plus. The Office on Aging has taken trips to places like Lancaster, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and many places in between.
Each senior site has the support of a Senior Council that actively promotes programming and activities. The Senior Councils also raise funds for special activities and equipment. Contact your local senior center for meeting dates and times.
Commission on Aging (COA)
The Commission on Aging advises the Office on Aging on how to better meet the needs of the county’s senior citizens. Appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, this commission meets monthly to actively promote the development of senior services and advocate for senior needs.
Meetings are usually held at Calvert Pines Senior Center on the third Thursday of every month at 9 a.m. and are open to the public.
Friends of Calvert County Seniors, Inc. (FCCS)
The Friends of Calvert County Seniors, Inc. was established in 1993 to raise funds to assist the county aging services and senior citizens. This resource provides services and assistance that are not available through other sources. The Friends meet monthly at Calvert Pines Senior Center. FCCS is in need of volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors and committees as well as volunteers to help at our events for seniors.
For information regarding usage of the Senior Center buildings call the Office on Aging at 410-535-4606 or 301-855-1170 or use the forms below: