Visitation Schedule & Rules
Visitation Schedule and Information
In the event of inclement weather, Inmate Visitation can be canceled with little or no notice. Therefore, it is recommended you call the Calvert County Detention Center or visit the Calvert County Detention Center’s website prior to coming for a visit when weather conditions have caused other public service cancellations.
- Visitation will be by appointment only. The person who wishes to visit will call the detention center at 410-535-4300 Ext 8944 on Monday or Tuesday between the hours of 8am to 2pm to schedule an appointment. You must be on the Inmate’s visitation list to be approved for visits.
- Visitation will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8pm.
- The time allotted for the visit will be thirty minutes and only one visit per week per inmate.
- The appointment list will be provided to staff and the inmate will be notified of their visit appointment. The appointment times will be strictly adhered to.
- Visitors will be required to furnish their Identification for review and will be required to wear a protective mask.
- To limit exposure to the citizens that are visiting and for staff, mask will be required and practice social distancing.
- Different visitation booths will be utilized between visits which allow the sanitation of the previously utilized booth without delaying the visiting schedule for cleaning. Social distancing will be followed at all times. Visitors will not be allowed to congregate in the lobby.
- Visitor's names must be on inmate's visitation list. (including children)
- You must have photograph identification with a physical address.
- All visitors must register with the visiting officer.
- Visiting is on a first come, first served basis.
- All furnishings of the Detention Center, or personal property of anyone using the Detention Center, must be respected at all times.
- Destruction of County property in and around the Detention Center will result in criminal charges. This includes graffiti in the visitation area.
- All visitors are subject to search while in the Detention Center.
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed: bikinis, halter tops, short shorts or other inappropriate attire are not permitted.
- Animals, other than guide dogs, may not be brought into the Detention Center by the general public.
- Bringing drugs or alcoholic beverages into the Detention Center is strictly prohibited.
- Eating, drinking and smoking by the general public is prohibited in all areas of the building, unless expressly permitted by signs.
- Excessive noise, unattended children or activity determined by staff to inconvenience others, will terminate the visit.
- All forms of personal property, except for keys and I.D. are prohibited within the Detention Center during visitation. Visitors are to leave all personal belongings in their vehicle while in the Detention Center. The Detention Center is not responsible for any article lost, stolen or damaged during visitation.
- Inmate property is not released during visitation hours. Inmates must submit a request to release property. Property is released only during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Inmates are allowed four visitors per visit. You are not permitted to switch visitors during the visit. The initial group of four (4) will be considered your visit. The maximum amount of time for a visit is 30 minutes. Visitors arriving late will only receive the remaining visiting time allotted.
- Loitering is strictly prohibited. Those found to be in the Detention Center for reasons other than to conduct legitimate business will be asked to leave.
- No books, magazines, newspapers, hygiene products, food items or cigarettes will be accepted.
- No cameras, cell phones, laptops, computers, video equipment, radios, iPods, MP3 players or tape recorders will be allowed in the Detention Center unless prior authorization has been given by the administration. Any visitor caught taking a photograph or video within the visiting area will be banned from further visits for the remainder of the inmate's incarceration. The inmate will also face disciplinary charges.
- Visitors or staff will not be harassed by threatening or abusive language. Those engaging in such activity will be asked to leave. Disruptive behavior is not tolerated.
- Visitors who appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to visit and may face legal action.
- Visitors under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult unless the visitor provides a marriage license as proof of a marital relationship to the inmate visited.
- Any violation of the rules will be cause for dismissal from the Calvert County Detention Center.
- In the event of inclement weather, Inmate Visitation can be canceled with little or no notice. Therefore, it is recommended you call the Calvert County Detention Center or visit the Calvert County Detention Center's website prior to coming for a visit when weather conditions have caused other public service cancellations.