Solomons Boat Ramp and Fishing Pier
The Solomons Boat Ramp is operated by the Solomons Boat Ramp and Fishing Center, under a contract with the Board of Calvert County Commissioners.
The Solomons Boat Ramp and Fishing Pier parking lot, ramp and fishing pier will be closed weekdays due to a milling, repaving and striping project. The site will be open on weekends during the project, please be cautious as the site is under active construction. The parking lot may be unmarked, so caution should be taken while using the boat ramp and parking areas. Please obey any closure signs and follow the directions from ramp staff.
Hours of Operation
APRIL 17-18, 2021: The boat ramp will open at 8 am Saturday and close at 4 pm Sunday. No trailers may be left on the lot Sunday evening. Ramp and pier will be closed Monday-Friday.
The Boat Ramp and Fishing Pier are open 24-hours, except during the paving project
Fees will be collected when the ramp is staffed.
Operations may be suspended by the County for maintenance & repairs, as well as special events, such as Solomons Power Boat Races (mid-September) and Patuxent River Appreciation Day (mid-October.)
- Comfort stations. Open April 1 through November 1.
- Tack and Bait Shop. Open during staffed hours above.
- Fishing and Crabbing Pier. Open 24 hours. A Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport fishing license is required for those 16 years of age and older.
Ramp Fee Policies
|Current Ramp Fees||Daily||Season|
|Registered Vessels - First Vessel||$10||$35|
|Senior Citizens - Age 65 or older - First Vessel||$5||$25|
|Kayaks, canoes, and similar watercraft on one (1) trailer- First Vessel||$5||$35|
|Kayaks, canoes, and similar watercraft on one (1) trailer- Second Vessel||$5||$15|
- Yearly permit is valid for the calendar year.
- There is no launch fee for kayaks, canoes, or similar watercraft if they use the designated launch area for hand-carried boats and do not block access to the boat ramp.
- Rates are subject to approval by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
- Vessels owned by the County, State, or Federal governments or agencies will be permitted to launch without paying the launch fee.
- There is no fee to use the fishing pier.