Current Aquatics Offerings
Open Swim at Cove Point and Kings Landing Pools
Cove Point and Kings Landing Pools are available for open swim by reservation for Calvert County residents. Each pool will offer 3 two-hour open swim sessions daily: 12:00-2:00 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m.. Each session has limited capacity in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines and is separated by a 30 minute window to allow for cleaning and sanitation. Resident pool entry fees apply. Citizens can register online for open swim online at https://webtrac.co.cal.md.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html. Activity number is 920000 for Kings Landing Pool and 930000 for Cove Point Pool.
Lap Swim at Cove Point and Kings Landing Pools
Kings Landing Park and Cove Point Park pools are open for lap swim. Kings Landing pool will be open 6-7 a.m. and noon to 7 p.m. Cove Point Park pool will be open 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Access is limited to Calvert County residents only and pool time will be limited to one hour. To prevent lines and wait times, swimmers must reserve a swim time through the WebTrac online registration system at https://webtrac.co.cal.md.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html. Walk-ins will not be admitted.
For step by step instructions for online reservations for open swim and/or lap swim, please click here.
Swim Lessons at Cove Point Pool
Registration is open for swim lessons for Calvert County residents ONLY at the Cove Point Pool. Multiple sessions will be offered for Little Swimmers, Fundamentals and Stroke Development. Each Session will be one week long and will meet daily Monday thru Friday. Children registered for Little Swimmers and/or Fundamentals must have an adult, 18 years or older in the water with them at all times. Only class participants and the accompanying adult will be allowed in the facility. Stroke Development class participants do not require an accompanying adult and only the class participants will be allowed in the facility. Registration is now open and only available online at https://webtrac.co.cal.md.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html.
All swimmers must maintain adequate physical distancing at all times and must wear a mask when not in the water.
Calvert County Parks and Recreation (CCPR) operates the Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center in Prince Frederick, a indoor year round facility, and two outdoor seasonal pools - Cove Point Park Pool in Lusby and Kings Landing Pool in Huntingtown.
Attention: Inflatable water wings, boats and other vests will no longer be permitted to be used at any Calvert County Parks and Recreation swimming pool unless they are Coast Guard Approved as a personal flotation device (PFD). Please check the label of any floatation device to determine that it meets this requirement.
If inclement weather is in the forecast, please call any of our aquatics facilities for delay or closure information.
- Annual Pass - Valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Daily Admission - All patrons entering the facility must pay the daily admission rate regardless if they are swimming unless they are accompanying a participant in a parks and recreation program (i.e. swim lessons and swim team).
- Household - Includes those who permanently reside at a residence or house, up to five people. Households do not include home day cares, baby sitters or any other places of business or group of people
- Swim/Punch Pass - Valid for 20 admissions at HAC or 10 admissions at CPPP or KLP; only valid at facility for which it is purchased. Expires one year from date of purchase or end of summer season at CPPP or KLP.
- Summer Pass - Valid from Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Monday.
- Winter Pass - Valid from the Tuesday of Labor Day through the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Pass is prorated at the time of purchase.
** Children 12 years and younger require supervision by a responsible person at least 18 years old. Children 5 and younger require in-pool supervision by a responsible person at least 18 years old.