The Calvert County Department of Public Safety will continue to provide updates and resources as Calvert County navigates storm recovery. Here are the latest updates:
- The American Red Cross has opened a hotline for those impacted by the storm to call for recovery assistance. Citizens can call 202-796-8451 for assistance with developing recovery plans, accessing community and government resources and assistance with solving problems associated with storm recovery.
- Sandbags are still available at the Stafford Road Salt Dome located at 335 Stafford Road in Barstow. Limit 20 per person. Residents should bring a shovel to fill bags on their own. The location of the salt dome is pinned in the Calvert Prepare App on the interactive map in. Residents can contact Emergency Management at 470-535-1600, ext. 2638 for questions.
If your business suffered any structural damage, loss of revenue or inventory, or any other losses due to this event, please contact the Department of Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-535-4583 so your losses can be documented and staff can provide assistance. Be certain to carefully document any losses sustained with photographs, invoices, estimates for repair and proof of financial loss for insurance claims or submission to the Small Business Administration in the event disaster loans become available.
It is important to stay informed through official channels, as information may change rapidly. Stay tuned to local radio and Comcast channel 6 or 1070 for official weather information, alerts and warnings Visit below for Calvert County updates, hurricane preparedness tips or sign up for Calvert County emergency alerts.
Emergency Alert Stations
- WPTX 1690 AM Lexington Park
- WMDM 97.7 FM Lexington Park
- WTOP 103.5 FM Washington, D.C.
- WKIK 1560 AM La Plata
- WKIK 102.9 FM California
- WPRS 104.1 FM Waldorf
- WSMD 98.3 FM Mechanicsville