Animal Matters Hearing Board
The Animal Matters Hearing Board (AMHB) will hear and decide administrative appeals pertaining to the enforcement of the provisions of Chapter 7 of the Calvert County Code; and the only advisory board to make recommendations for the amendment to the chapter.
A person aggrieved by the decision of the AMHB could petition the Circuit Court to review that decision.
The Animal Matters Hearing Board shall consist of at least five (5) and not more than seven (7) members.
- One shall be with an affiliation with an animal welfare rescue group;
- One shall be with a professional animal organization such as a hunt club, American Kennel Club, or K-9 search and rescue;
- One Deputy Sheriff, selected by the Sheriff;
- One shall be a Veterinarian, or Veterinarian Technician (with three or more years of experience);
- Up to three (3) members shall be citizens (without affiliation of an animal welfare rescue group)
Mr. Charles A. Bucy, Citizen
Ms. Laurel M. Matthews, Animal Welfare Rescue Group Affiliation
Ms. Karen Maxey, Citizen
Dr. Megan Noyes, Veterinarian
Mr. Thomas S. Phelps, Deputy
Ms. Helen A. Prince, Professional Animal Organization Affiliation
Ms. Jacque Wisnauskas, Citizen
Meetings are held using a virtual platform (Zoom). The next regular meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. If citizens wish to attend remotely, they can call in on 1-888-475-4499, and enter meeting ID 874 6256 8546 , and passcode 323218.
Animal Matters Hearing Board complies with the Open Meetings Act by publishing monthly meetings: Agendas and Minutes
Contact the clerk via email with any questions.