American Rescue Plan Nonprofit Assistance Grant
The Local Nonprofits Grant Program provides financial assistance to Calvert County nonprofit organizations that have experienced adverse financial impact, and have reimbursable expenses related to COVID-19 that have not already been offset by other COVID-19 relief funding.
The relief program is funded through Maryland’s RELIEF Act 2021. Repayment is not required for any funds received through the grant program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Who is eligible for the American Rescue Plan Nonprofit Grant Program?
Nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Good standing with the State of Maryland;
- Current on all county tax liabilities (paid in full);
- A physical address in Calvert County;
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability;
- The ability to demonstrate economic impacts or expenses resulting from COVID-19 for the period of March 1, 2020 through Dec. 31, 2021, which are currently not supported by other COVID-19 Relief Funding.*
*Priority will be given to nonprofits that have not received assistance through the Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative (NORI).
2. How much funding is available?
The maximum request amount is $15,000.
3. How long will this process take and when can I expect to get the money?
Applications will be approved as quickly as possible based on volume of submissions. This is a multi-step process:
- Click the application button above to begin the application process.
- Once eligibility is determined, applicants will receive an email with directions for uploading the required documents. If awarded, the grant recipient will be notified by email and will receive a grant agreement and related forms to be signed by the applicant.
- The applicant will have seven business days to upload the agreement and payment forms.
- Payments will be made through wire transfer to the applicant within a week after form submission.
4. What documentation is required?
- Proof of good standing with Maryland Department of Assessments Taxation and the Maryland Office of the Secretary of State
- Nonprofit determination letter
- Completed application
- Copy of financials for 2019 and 2020
Applicants will receive a separate email firstname.lastname@example.org for document upload after the initial application is received and reviewed.
5. Will you need a computer to submit the application?
Yes. You will need access to a computer since the application is only available online.
6. Can I mail my application in or drop it off somewhere?
No. Applications will only be accepted through online submission.
7. Will I get confirmation that my application has been received?
Yes. Once your application is successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email which will also include instructions for uploading required documents.
8. How will I receive grant disbursement?
Electronic payments will be made through electronic wire transfer.
9. How can I check on the status of application(s)?
You will receive an email notification when your application is received. In order to expedite processing, we will communicate with applicants by email after a decision is made.
10. Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes. Financial information is strictly confidential. The name of any nonprofit that receives a grant and the dollar amount of the grant received are considered public information.
11. Will I need to pay back the money?
No. This is a grant, not a loan, so you will not need to pay it back as long as you comply with all the terms and conditions of the Grant Contract Agreement.
12. Is this a one-time payment?
13. Will I need to report on how funds are spent?
Yes, a final report will be due on Jan. 15, 2022 indicting how funds were spent with supporting fiscal documentation.