The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Monday, May 25, 2020, in observance of Memorial Day. In addition:
• Meals on Wheels will not be delivered Monday, May 25. However, participants are provided shelf-stable meals in advance. Requests for meal delivery can be made through the Office on Aging at 410-535-4606 or OOAmailbox@calvertcountymd.gov.
• There will be no county bus service Monday, May 25.
• The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be closed Monday, May 25.
• The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office, and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility, will be closed Monday, May 25. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
• Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed.
• Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open May 25 with normal hours. Golf carts are available for use but limited to one cart per person except individuals living in the same household. Modified policies and procedures for golfers and staff have been implemented to comply with distancing requirements and protective guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The course is open to all users.
• Kings Landing Park will be open with normal operating hours.
• Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open to Calvert County residents only. Hours of operation are Friday through Monday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, Cove Point and Solomons Town Center parks will be open. Parks close at civil twilight. Playgrounds, pavilions, skate parks, restrooms, athletic fields and basketball courts remain closed.
• Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open to Calvert County residents only. Current hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends and holidays, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Breezy Point Beach is limited to 100 people.
• The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed Monday, May 25. The shelter will reopen Tuesday, May 26 by appointment only.
The following facilities remain closed until further notice as a preventative measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
• County senior centers remain closed.
• Community centers remain closed.
• Calvert Library locations remain closed. Online services are available.
• The Calvert Marine Museum and Museum Store remain closed. The Solomons Visitor Center, located in the museum, is also closed.
• Kings Landing and Cove Point pools remain closed.
• The Edward T. Hall Indoor Aquatic Center remains closed.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance and closures. Residents, employees and media are encouraged to regularly monitor the page and use the resources available at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.