Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund Grant
The Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund Grant provides financial relief to locally owned and operated restaurants, caterers, B&Bs with food service and food trucks that have experienced significant economic hardship or unusual expenses because of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The relief program is funded through Maryland’s Rainy Day Fund. The grant may be used for expenditures related to operational expenses, business interruption or unusual expenses incurred due to the public health emergency. Repayment is not required for any funds received through the grant program.
Grants will be awarded in the following categories and amounts:
- Small restaurant (1 to 7 FTE employees): $10,000
- Large restaurant (8 or more FTE employees): $15,000
Review the expanded eligibility criteria and additional FAQs and begin gathering the documents that will be needed to supplement your application. Please read the FAQs carefully prior to beginning the application process.
- Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund FAQ (PDF)
- Be in good standing with the State of Maryland (To check your current business status, visit https://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress/entitysearch);
- Be current on all county tax liabilities;
- Have no open zoning or permitting code enforcement issues;
- Have a physical business presence in Calvert County;
- Not be a franchise or national chain (unless able to provide proof of local ownership and operation);
- Have at least one full-time equivalent W-2 employees;
- Have not previously received restaurant grant funds in Round One. (If funding remains after the initial application window closes at 11:59 a.m. on Jan. 20, 2021, grants will be provided to previous recipients on a first come, first served basis.)
The application portal will open at noon on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021 to receive new applications. The portal will be available through 11:59 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021. (Closing date is subject to change based on the number of applications received.)
Visit the application portal now to apply.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or businesses may contact the Department of Economic Development at 410-535-4583.
Please join our Business Matters mailing list to receive future news and information from the Department of Economic Development.
For More Information
For business assistance, call the Department of Economic Development at 410-535-4583.