Calvert County Blueprint Committee
The Calvert County Blueprint Committee (CCBC) was implemented in 2022. The Calvert County Board of Education was charged with implementing the Blueprint Committee through HB1300 and HB1372, which were approved and passed by the Maryland General Assembly in 2021.
The goals of the Blueprint For Maryland's Future are to transform Maryland's early childhood, primary and secondary education system to the levels of high performing systems around the world, as well as to establish a career ladder system for educators in which they may progress and gain certain authority, status and compensation as they gain expertise. The CCBC's nine-member board will serve in an advisory capacity to both the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners and the Calvert County Board of Education, share information about the Blueprint with the community and receive input from the community regarding the Blueprint.
- Public invited to attend and provide input during public comment period.
- Individuals will be allocated two minutes to speak. Designated representatives of a group will be allocated five minutes to speak.
- Meetings held on first Wednesday of every month from 2 to 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise announced.
- The Blueprint Committee meets virtually via Zoom. Links to meetings will be provided on the Agenda page.
Open Meeting Statement
The Calvert County Blueprint Commission complies with the Open Meetings Act - agendas and minutes for our monthly meetings available in the Agenda and Minutes section.
2022 Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, June 8 at 2 p.m.*
- Wednesday, July 6 at 2 p.m. - CANCELLED due to scheduling conflicts
- Wednesday, August 3 at 9 a.m.*
- Wednesday, September 7 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 5 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 2 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 7 at 2 p.m.
*The following meetings are held at irregular times.
Agendas and Supporting Materials
Per guidance from the state of Maryland and the Calvert County Board of County Commissioners, the Calvert County Blueprint Committee shall be comprised of nine members; two Board of County Commissioner (BOCC) appointed citizen members, two Board of Education (BOE) appointed citizen members, two Calvert Education Association (CEA) representatives, one Calvert Association of Education Support Staff (CAESS) representative, one local government liaison and one BOE liaison.
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|Julian M. Willis||Co-Chair: Local Government Liaison||N/A|
|Dr. Joe Sampson||Co-Chair: Board of Education Liaison||N/A|
|Wilson Parran||BOCC Citizen Representative||N/A|
|Melissa Goshorn||BOCC Citizen Representative||N/A|
|Danielle Duvall Adams||BOE Citizen Representative||N/A|
|Michael Shisler||BOE Citizen Representative||N/A|
|Joanna Stallings||CEA Representative||N/A|
|Dona Ostenso||CEA Representative||N/A|
|Stacy Tayman||CAESS Representative||N/A|