Police Accountability Board
Through the Maryland Police Accountability Act of 2021 – Police Discipline and Law Enforcement Programs and Procedures, which was enacted by the Maryland General Assembly on April 10, 2021, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) is required to establish a Police Accountability Board (PAB) and an Administrative Charging Committee (ACC).
Calvert County Government will seek public input on the creation of a Calvert County PAB. Calvert County Government is focused on attaining a balanced representation of diverse backgrounds and experiences to execute those powers and duties.
- May 2021: Process begins.
- Memorandum (May 13, 2021): Police Discipline and Law Enforcement Programs and Procedures (PDF)
- Presentation (May 25, 2021): Local Requirements to Implement the Maryland Police Accountability Act of 2021 - Police Discipline and Law Enforcement Programs and Procedures (PDF)
- August 2021: Staff will conduct public outreach and begin accepting public comments on the draft resolution.
- Watch the Oct. 12, 2021, Town Hall Meeting on YouTube.
- Fall 2021: Advertise for membership and determine PAB FY23 budget.
- Winter 2022: Appoint membership.
- Winter 2022: Conduct first PAB meeting.
Public Comment and Input - First Round
Comments for the first draft closed on Oct. 17, 2021. Comments will reopen once a revised draft is published. The comments received were documented and are viewable at the following links:
Public Comment and Input - Second Round
The Calvert County Office of the County Attorney, on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners, will hold a public town hall meeting Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021, from 7-9 p.m., to receive public input on a revised draft resolution regarding the creation of a Calvert County Police Accountability Board (PAB) and Administrative Charging Committee . The meeting will be held at the Calvert Pines Senior Center at 450 West Dares Beach Road in Prince Frederick.
The public may attend either in person or virtually through Zoom at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/PABTownHall. Participants may also dial in by phone (audio only):
• Toll-free: 833-548-0282 or 877-853-5257
• Meeting ID: 843 9054 5408
Citizens are encouraged to review the revised draft resolution (November 2021) and additional information below.
View a Presentation providing an overview of the Police Accountability Board, Administrative Charging Committee, and highlights of the changes from the First Round Draft.
View the Second Round DRAFT Police Accountability Board Resolution - Second Round(PDF):