Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan and Zoning Update
Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan
(July 2021 Draft)
The Calvert County Planning & Zoning Department, on behalf of the Calvert County Planning Commission, has prepared a draft updated master plan (click on link below to review draft) for the Prince Frederick Town Center. The plan is intended to replace the Prince Frederick Master Plan, adopted in 1989. Please review the Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan (July 2021 Draft) and provide any comments by 4:30 PM on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
The adoption process has multiple steps.
- The Planning Commission will review and consider comments submitted on the July 2021 draft plan.
- The Planning Commission will prepare a “Recommended Plan” and hold a public hearing to receive comments on its “Recommended Plan”.
- The “Recommended Plan” will be distributed to state and regional agencies for review at least 60 days prior to the public hearing.
- Agencies and members of the public can submit written comments prior to the public hearing and can give oral comments and submit written comments at the public hearing.
- The Planning Commission will review and consider comments on the “Recommended Plan”.
- The Planning Commission will prepare and vote on its “Approved Plan”.
- The Planning Commission will forward its “Approved Plan” to the Board of County Commissioners for consideration.
- The Board will hold a public hearing on the plan where agencies and the public can submit written comments prior to the public hearing and can give oral comments and submit written comments on the proposed plan at the public hearing.
- The Board can adopt the plan, modify the plan, remand the plan back to the Planning Commission, or disapprove the plan.
Any questions you may have may be directed to Jenny Plummer-Welker, AICP, Long Range Planner, at 410-535-1600, ext. 2333 or Jenny.Plummer-Welker@calvertcountymd.gov.
Calvert County Department of Planning & Zoning
Draft Comment Period Extended
The Planning Commission at its meeting on September 15, 2021, voted to extend the comment period on the Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan, July 2021 Draft to October 1, 2021. The Planning Commission will hold a special meeting on the Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan Update on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. The Planning Commission will review all agency and public comments submitted between September 1 and October 1, 2021, plus those previously submitted by September 1, 2021.
Information about the Planning Commission’s meeting will be available on the county’s website at https://www.calvertcountymd.gov/2792/2021-Agenda-Calendar.
How to Submit Comments
Please address comments to Mr. Steve Jones, Chair, Calvert County Planning Commission. Comments may be submitted by:
Mail: 205 Main Street (3rd Floor), Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Hand-delivered: 205 Main Street, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Please note that names, addresses/e-mail addresses, and/or written comments become part of the public record for the Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan and Zoning Update. Public record documents will be made available to the public upon request, in hardcopy or digital format for a fee, and may be made available in digital format on the county’s website, www.calvertcountymd.gov.
(Click on link below to review draft)
Next Public Meeting
Calvert County Planning Commission Meeting
October 20, 2021 at 7pm.
At this meeting the Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan Update will be discussed.
Agenda and additional information can be found at this link: https://www.calvertcountymd.gov/2792/2021-Agenda-Calendar
Until further notice, Planning Commission Regular meetings will be live-streamed (view meeting via computer), call-in (audio only), and zoom (having required participation). Please note that registration may be a requirement to participate in a meeting. If not, you may prefer to connect to the live-stream or call-in a few minutes before 7:00 p.m. when the meeting begins.
Information from Previous Meetings
August 18, 2021 Liaison Meeting
March 31, 2021 Virtual Public Meeting
February 25, 2021 Prince Frederick Master Plan & Zoning Update Public Workshop
November 19, 2020 Prince Frederick Master Plan & Zoning Update Public Workshop
- Agenda (PDF)
- Slide Presentation (PDF)
- Video of Virtual Public Workshop November 19, 2020
- Breakout Session #1 The PARK Analysis (PDF)
- Results of the Breakout Session #2: Groups' Budget Exercise (PDF)
- Public Service Announcement November 2020
October 15, 2020 Prince Frederick Master Plan & Zoning Update Public Meeting
- Agenda (PDF)
- Slide Presentation (PDF)
- Video of Virtual Public Meeting October 15, 2020
- Public Service Announcement October 2020
March 2, 2020 Prince Frederick Master Plan & Zoning Update Open House/Public Meeting
January 30, 2020 Prince Frederick Master Plan & Zoning Update Open House/Public Meeting
Subscribe to our YouTube page to get our latest videos.
BREAKING NEWS - Maryland Commuter Bus - Planning & Zoning - Calvert County, MD
BREAKING NEWS - Prince Frederick Road Widening
BREAKING NEWS - County Public Transportation
Prince Frederick is Walkable!
Prince Frederick is Bikeable!
Prince Frederick Town Center Master Plan - 11/19/2020 - Virtual Public Hearing
Town Centre Master Plan Public Service Announcement
Old Town Prince Frederick Virtual Walking Tour
King Memorial Park Virtual Walking Tour
How can people participate in the process:
- Provide input at public meetings
- Share ideas via surveys
- Submit written comments and/or speak at the public meetings
Interested persons may submit questions and comments to staff at the Town Center Master Plan Update mailbox.
If you would like to be automatically notified of additional public meetings please click on the “Notify Me” tab below. Select “Planning & Zoning," and enter the required information.