Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund Grant
The Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund Grant provides financial relief to locally owned and operated restaurants, caterers, B&Bs with food service and food trucks that have experienced significant economic hardship or unusual expenses because of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The relief program is funded through Maryland’s Rainy Day Fund. The grant may be used for expenditures related to operational expenses, business interruption or unusual expenses incurred due to the public health emergency. Repayment is not required for any funds received through the grant program.
Grants will be awarded in the following categories and amounts:
- Small restaurant (1 to 7 FTE employees): $10,000
- Large restaurant (8 or more FTE employees): $15,000
Review the expanded eligibility criteria and additional FAQs and begin gathering the documents that will be needed to supplement your application. Please read the FAQs carefully prior to beginning the application process.
- Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund FAQ (PDF)
- Be in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Be current on all county tax liabilities;
- Have no open zoning or permitting code enforcement issues;
- Have been operational and earning revenue in Calvert County prior to March 5, 2020 (the date when Maryland’s COVID-19 State of Emergency went into effect);
- Have a physical business presence in Calvert County
- Not be a franchise or national chain (unless able to provide proof of local ownership and operation)
- Have at least one full-time equivalent W-2 employees.
Effective at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020, Calvert County’s “Maryland Restaurant Relief Fund Grant” has closed because funds have been exhausted. Staff is currently processing applications that were submitted prior to cut-off and responses will be forthcoming as soon as possible.
For questions, please email email@example.com or businesses may contact the Department of Economic Development at 410-535-4583.
Please join our Business Matters mailing list to receive future news and information from the Department of Economic Development.
For More Information
For business assistance, call the Department of Economic Development at 410-535-4583.