Park Hours, Closures and Holiday Schedule
Trail and Facility Closures
Calvert County Government is taking all necessary measures to protect public health and welfare. It is important to follow public health recommendations, advisories and protective actions to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and limit the number of people infected. Most current information is on the Calvert County COVID-19 VIrtual Resource Center.
All county offices and park buildings will be closed, there are no restroom facilities or water fountains available.
- The following amenities are closed until further notice: skate parks, dog parks, basketball courts, ball fields, playgrounds, and pavilions.
- Gathering of groups are limited to no more than 10 people.
- Capacity at each park will be adjusted to maintain social distancing.
- Patrons will not be allowed to wait at a park gate to gain entry once capacity is reached.
- Exercise activities such as walking, hiking, or running are permitted while adhering to 6-foot social distancing measures.
COVID-19 Status: NATURE CENTER CLOSED
The trails will be closed on Monday, May 25.
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00-4:30 p.m.
NOTICE: No walk-ins allowed when the gate is closed.
NO RESTROOMS OR WATER AVAILABLE. Gate closes 1/2 hour before park closes.
COVID-19 Status: Open for Calvert County residents only.
REGULAR: Mondays and Fridays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Last entry one hour before park closes.
NOTICE: No walk-ins allowed at when the gate is closed.
Starting Memorial Day weekend (Saturday 5/23) to Labor Day (Monday 9/7):
Sunday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Monday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Bathhouse, Gate, beach & pier close 1 hour before park closes.
COVID-19 Status: Open regular hours. Pavilions and Challenge Course closed
REGULAR: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last Entry at 4:30 p.m. Free.
Other Natural Resources Facilities:
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm COVID-19 Status: Open 9 am-5PM
- Hughes Tree Farm (external link): COVID-19 Status: Open 9 am-5 pm
- Hutchins Pond: (external link) COVID-19 Status: Open Dawn to Dusk
- Lower Marlboro Wharf :COVID-19 Status: Open Dawn to Dusk
- Nan’s Cove (normally open 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.): COVID-19 Status: Open Dawn to Dusk
- Gatewood Preserve (parking area by entrance gate): COVID-19 Status: Open Dawn to Dusk
Solomons Boat Ramp (status pending State guidance) & Fishing Pier: COVID-19 Status: Open, Ramp fees may be charged
Ward Farm Recreation & Nature Park is not open to the public.
Information on other Parks & Recreation Facilities (district parks, Hall Aquatic Center, Chesapeake Hills Golf Course, etc.)