Summer is here, which means it’s time to get out and explore the great things happening at Calvert County parks and recreation centers. This July, join in on the fun and games offered by the Department of Parks & Recreation as they celebrate Park and Recreation Month.
Activities are planned for residents of all ages and abilities throughout July. Many activities are free. Here’s a sampling:
- Fourth of July Party for ages 2 to 12 years, July 2 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Southern Community Center, 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby
- Try Out the Driving Range for all ages (fee required), July 7 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Chesapeake Hills Golf Course, 11200 H G Trueman Road, Lusby
- Park Adventure Day Obstacle Course for ages 2 to 13 years, July 15 from 10-10:45 a.m. at Cove Point Park, 750 Cove Point Road, Lusby
- Hunt for Sharks’ Teeth for all ages (fee required), July 20 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Flag Ponds Nature Park, 1525 Flag Ponds Parkway, Lusby
- Glow Dodgeball Fun for ages 12 to 17 years, July 25 from 6-7:30 p.m. at Southern Community Center, 20 Appeal Lane, Lusby
- Make a Boat for ages 2 to 10 years, July 30 from 10-11 a.m. at Mt. Hope Community Center, 104 Pushaw Station Road, Sunderland
See the full calendar of Park and Recreation Month activities online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/PRmonth.
Park and Recreation Month is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that all Americans have access to parks and recreation for health, conservation and social equity. NRPA encourages people that support parks and recreation to share why they think it’s important with the hashtag #GameOnJuly. To learn more about Park and Recreation Month, visit www.nrpa.org/July.