Calvert County Commission for Women
The Commission is charged with improving opportunities for women and girls by:
- Promoting women's education and employment
- Being a voice and advocate for women and girls
- Identifying and studying issues - information
- Being a clearinghouse on issues
- Giving recognition to outstanding women and girls
The Board of County Commissioners shall appoint 15 members. The term of each member shall be three years. Calvert residents can apply by completing a the online Committee Application Form. Non-Calvert residents or any Calvert resident not desiring full Commissioner membership, we offer an Associate Commissioner status by completing an Associate Application Form (PDF).
- The public is welcome at meetings. Please email to confirm, as meeting dates are sometimes adjusted.
- Harriet Elizabeth Brown Community Center
901 Dares Beach Road
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- Third Thursday of each month in 2018 (December - no meeting)
The Commission for Women complies with the Open Meetings Act by making meeting agendas and minutes for our monthly board meetings available at Agendas and Minutes.
See what the CCCW is accomplishing each year by reviewing our Annual Reports.
You will see that the Calvert County Commission for Women that the Commission takes on many projects and activities consistent with its purposes. They range from the magnificent and sold-out WOW Awards Luncheon and commemorating Calvert civil rights hero Harriet Elizabeth Brown, to a now-annual Women's Health Expo, activities to celebrate Title IX, and initiatives to increase awareness of domestic violence. Please read the Commission's report for more detail about these and other activities.
In the News!
- October Proclaimed Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Commissioners join observance month for domestic violence, violence against women
- Support victims in personal, professional, public life
- Silent: Women protest board president's tweet on Kavanaugh
Below, are news clippings which have been compiled by year:
- October 2014 - October 2015 CCCW News Clippings (PDF)
- 2016 CCCW News Clippings (PDF)
- 2017 CCCW News Clippings (PDF)
- 2018 CCCW News Clippings (PDF)
One of our recent stories:
May 30, 2019
"I Can" forum on Law Enforcement and Military
Come to the Prince Frederick Library at 6:30 pm. to hear professional women speak on their careers in male-dominated career fields. Bring your daughters, nieces and any young women looking to learn and discover! Flyer coming soon...
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Awareness Events
- Financial Literacy Forums
- Sextortion and Human Trafficking Talks
- I CAN Series
- Women of the World Recognition Luncheon
- Legislative and Regulatory Monitoring
- Health Expo
- Clothes Closet
Check out photos from our outreach and recognition events.
- Joan Winship, Chair