Land Preservation Parks and Recreation Plan (LPPRP)
What is the LPPRP?
The Calvert County Land Preservation, Parks and Recreation Plan (LPPRP) guides land conservation and development of outdoor recreation opportunities over the next five years.
The Plan aims to:
- provide Calvert County's citizens and visitors with safe and easily accessible amenities;
- encourage the enjoyment and stewardship of Maryland's natural world; and
- balance outdoor recreation land use with natural and cultural resource protection.
There are four elements:
- Recreation, Parks, and Open Space
- Agricultural Land Preservation
- Natural Resource Conservation
- Cultural and Historic Resource Conservation
It also serves as the basis for the Calvert County Program Open Space Annual Program and qualifies the county to receive Program Open Space funding from the state.
The LPPRP is based upon the goals and actions set forth in the Calvert County Comprehensive Plan, which was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners in 2004 and amended in 2010.
Updating the Plan
The Program Open Space Law, as most recently amended, requires the county to prepare a local land preservation and recreation plan at least every five years and submit it to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources and the Maryland Department of Planning. Calvert County's current plan was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners on May 15, 2018 and is available at the link below. The next plan is due in 2022.
Resources and Additional Information
Land Preservation and Parks Plans
Program Open Space Annual Program