Park Hours, Closures and Holiday Schedule
Trail and Facility Closures
Battle Creek Cypress Swamp: Until April 2020 the Nature Center will be closed for renovations. More details will be posted as they develop.
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- Natural Resources Offices will be closed.
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed
- All other Natural Resources facilities will be open their regular hours
Parks are operating on the Regular Schedule until Memorial Day weekend
Closed for renovations.
REGULAR: Mondays and Fridays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Gate, beach & pier close 1/2 hour before park closes.
Reminder: an entry fee (or valid season pass) is required on weekends.
EXTENDED: Weekdays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate, beach & pier close 1/2 hour before park closes.
Reminder: an entry fee (or valid season pass) is required.
REGULAR: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Gate & pier close at 4:30 p.m. Free.
EXTENDED: Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate & pier close at 7:30 p.m. Free.
Other Natural Resources Facilities:
Open Civil Dawn to Civil Twilight
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm
- Hughes Tree Farm (external link)
- Hutchins Pond (external link)
- Lower Marlboro Wharf
- Nan’s Cove (Open 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Gatewood Preserve (parking area by entrance gate)
Solomons Boat Ramp & Fishing Pier open 24 hours.
Ward Farm Recreation & Nature Park is not open to the public.
Information on other Parks & Recreation Facilities (district parks, Hall Aquatic Center, Chesapeake Hills Golf Course, etc.)