Park Hours, Closures and Holiday Schedule
Trail and Facility Closures
Battle Creek Cypress Swamp: Beginning in November 2019 through April 2020 the Nature Center will be closed for renovations. More details will be posted as they develop.
Lower Marlboro Wharf Floating Dock is now back in service! (October 7, 2019)
Parks are operating on the Regular Schedule until Memorial Day weekend 2020.
- Monday, October 14: Natural Resources offices will be closed
- Kings Landing Park will be closed
- Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be open from 10 am-4:30 pm
- Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open from 9 am-4 pm
- All other Natural Resources facilities will be open their regular hours
REGULAR: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Sunday: 1 to 4:30 p.m. Free
EXTENDED: Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday: 1 to 6 p.m. Free
REGULAR: Mondays and Fridays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Gate, beach & pier close 1/2 hour before park closes.
Reminder: an entry fee (or valid season pass) is required on weekends.
EXTENDED: Weekdays: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Weekends: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate, beach & pier close 1/2 hour before park closes.
Reminder: an entry fee (or valid season pass) is required.
REGULAR: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Gate & pier close at 4:30 p.m. Free.
EXTENDED: Daily: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Gate & pier close at 7:30 p.m. Free.
Other Natural Resources Facilities:
Open Dawn to Dusk
- Biscoe Gray Heritage Farm
- Hughes Tree Farm (external link)
- Hutchins Pond (external link)
- Lower Marlboro Wharf
- Nan's Cove (Open 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
Ward Farm Recreation & Nature Park and Gatewood Preserve are not open to the public.
Information on other Parks & Recreation Facilities (district parks, Hall Aquatic Center, Chesapeake Hills Golf Course, etc.)